Who can use this feature?
Authors must submit content for approval
Users are able to import content elements into a Content Type on the system. This is available to provide an easy, streamlined way to mass input information into the system.
- Any import file needs to be a .CSV file.
- Recommended tags will not be provided for imported items.
- If you upload the same file again it will create duplicates.
CSV Import Requirements
- Imported file must be of type .csv
- Row one must be the Name of each field
- This is not the label value
- Entered values must match exactly
- Example: If the name is FirstName, the import must use FirstName, not First Name or Firstname.
- Does not need to be in the correct order, the system will order based on name automatically
- Not all fields have to be represented
- Note: If you utilize the template, these fields will be set as needed and you will not have to modify them.
- A column for permissionSet must be included
- A column for categories and tags can be included
- Categories and tags should be separated by a comma
- Recommended tags will not be added automatically
- For more information about field types, please visit our Field Type Formatting for Imports article.
- Select Content on the left-hand column
- Select which Content Type you would like to import Content into
- Select Import in the upper right corner
- Note: Your import option will open in a new window.
- Note: You are able to download an example of the template to use when you import content elements.
- If you do not want to automatically publish the content, uncheck the Publish Content option prior to selecting your file
- Note: This option is based on user permissions. If the user does not have the permissions to Publish they will be provided the option to Submit for approval.
- Click Select File
- Note: You can also choose to drag and drop your file into the upload area.
- Choose your file from your local computer
- Note: You are able to download an example of the template to use when importing content elements.
- Import will occur as soon as you add the file to the system
- A log will appear to the right with upload results
- Note: If there is a failure, the reason for the failure will also be noted. This is often caused due to the field not being in the correct format or information was not included for a required field.
- Note: If a field utilizes a pattern, that field will need to follow the set pattern's format.