Who can use this feature?
Patterns are a way to mandate a specific format for field responses. For example, you could set a field that must follow the pattern of an email address. Owner roles can create new patterns with RegEx (regular expressions).
Example: For the Address field, the pattern would be ^[#.0-9a-zA-Z\s,-]+$.
- Pattern formatting uses RegEx, which is a character sequence that defines search patterns.
- Navigate to Settings
- Select Patterns
- Scroll to the bottom, if needed, and fill in the fields
- Name: Name of the field validator
- Pattern: Pattern to use for the field validation; for example, MM/DD/YYYY
- Message: Message that appears when a field validation fails
- Click + to add