This article will help a user retrieve a password. A user may need to retrieve/reset their password for many reasons, such as being locked out.
If you lock yourself out or forget your password, the instructions below should get you back to work.
There are two reasons for an account to lock out a user:
- Too many failed login attempts due to the incorrect password.
- The account was inactive for an extended period of time.
When you get the locked out message the system should generate an unlock email to your email address that will allow you to unlock the account. Once the account unlocks, you can then use the forgot password link on the login screen. This will generate an email to your address with the correct password on it.
- New passwords cannot match the four most recently used passwords.
- Passwords with up to 128 characters and special characters, including spaces, are permitted
- Must be at least eight characters in length and contain both Numbers and Letters.
There is also a rare issue with the browser cache that may not allow you to log in. You will receive the message "Either your login has expired or you do not have the rights to the module you are attempting to access." This is an issue with your current browser.
- The most common fix is to try to login in a different browser. For example, if you are in Internet Explorer, use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. This will also help determine if the issue is within your browser or if it system related.
- If you cannot access another browser, you will need to clear the cache in your current browser. This is different in most browsers but a quick clear can be done with CTRL + F5. This should clear cache and refresh your browser. More advanced steps for clearing your cache can be found at WikiHow: Clear Your Brower's Cache.
- If neither of those options resolve the issue, you can attempt to login to your production URL. It generally formats as state then city name with .civicplus.com . For example, KS-Manhattan.civicplus.com. This should allow you to access your Admin Home if all other access fails.
- Enter your Email Address
- Click Forgot Password
- An email will send to your account
- Note: If you change your email address in the OJA module, this changes the address the recovery passwords deliver to.
- Open the message and use the link to reset your password
- Enter your New Password
- Confirm your Password
- Click Submit