Who can use this feature?
Authors must submit content for approval
This article will show you how to add the Geolocation field to a Content Type.
- Navigate to Content Types on the left-hand side
- Select your desired Content Type
- Click Add Field
- Select Geolocation
- Add the Field Name
- Note: The field name can only contain letters with no spaces and cannot be changed. The display name can be edited in the Label section.
- Select Create and edit field
- Configure Common fields
- Name (non-editable): Name of the field in the API response
- Label: Define the display name for the field for documentation and user interfaces
- Hints: Define some hints for the user and editor for the field for documentation and user interfaces
- List Field: List fields display as a column in the content list; when no list field is defined, the first field is used
- Configure Validation fields
- Note: You must select State and/or ZIP fields under Editing for State and ZIP code patterns/messages to activate. This ensures that the user enters the correct State and/or ZIP code.
- Required: Check to indicate the Geolocation field as required
- State Pattern: Add Regex pattern
- State Pattern Message: Add message
- ZIP Code Pattern: Add Regex Pattern
- ZIP Code Pattern Message: Add message
- Configure Editing fields
- Editor URL: Add a URL to your plugin if you use a custom editor
- Editor: Choose Map or No Map (display or do not display map)
- Display Fields: Select which fields to display (Address 1, Address 2, City, State, ZIP Code)
- Click Save and close