Who can use this feature?
Roles add further specificity and customization options to permissions. Administrative users with access to edit Roles can add, edit, or remove customizable roles. For example, a user could have access to read content and edit assets. Roles are then used to define permissions for Groups and Clients.
As a default, only Owners have the right to access this section of the HCMS. A custom role could be created to allow users to read, create, update, or delete roles if desired.
- Author: Able to read, create, update, and submit content and assets; can read categories, groups, permission sets, and contributors sections
- Developer: Full access to everything except for backups, clients, roles, languages, and more sections
- Owner: Full access and rights to the HCMS – has access to everything
- Publisher: Full access and rights for assets, content; can read categories, groups, permission sets, and contributors
- Reader: Access is limited to read-only rights for assets, content, categories, permission sets, and groups
- This is currently set as the default role for any new group or client.
View our article Conditions for Roles for more information.