We recently released some improvements to search so it should be easier to find the specific content items and images you are searching for. When you search, you should also be seeing the most relevant items first instead of the most recently modified.
To assist further, here are a few search queries to better narrow down your results especially if you’re searching for a document. These queries will only work in the HCMS at this time and will not function as expected on Engage 6 or the new HCMS UI. Note that casing is important in these queries, so if it says “fileName” make sure to capitalize the “N”.
- We do not currently have the ability to add quotes to get exact matches as you do with other well-known search engines. You can get this to work to by using escaped quotes like this:
- \”search text\”
- Note: You will need to use the full exact text for the document you are searching for
- To search for documents by the title you can use this query:
- $filter=fileName eq ‘file name to find’
- Note: This should work for the full or partial title
- Here are some queries for finding items by partial titles:
- Will find file name starting with exact text: $filter=startswith(fileName, ‘search text’)
- Will find file name containing exact text: $filter=contains(fileName, ‘search text’)
- To help in searching for documents with dates in the title you can use this query:
- $filter=contains(fileName, 'date')